Tad is an Executive Associate with Pathfinder, LLC and has over 41 years of experience in the Capital Projects Industry. He spent 6 years with a U.S. national general contractor and recently retired from 35 years with Anheuser-Busch. For more than 20 years, Tad has been actively engaged in refining capital project execution knowledge, continuing education, developing project management best practices, exploring innovations in technology, and sharing learning for the betterment of the capital projects industry.
He has served in various construction management, engineering management, technology development/deployment, professional development and project management roles, both in field and home office assignments. He has a broad background in all phases of capital projects delivery from portfolio capital planning, project front end planning, estimating, work package breakdown, funding, engineering/design, procurement, contracting, supplier qualification, constructability, construction, check out and start up to project closing and asset management. Tad is experienced in project execution approaches ranging from traditional to design/build, sole source negotiated, fixed fee, performance turnkey/integrator, variable fee, risk-reward and program management. His project experience includes green field, brown field, expansions and modernizations ranging from $1M to $500M individual project appropriations.
Tad’s career background from both the Owner and Contractor side of the business gives him a unique advantage in understanding clients’ execution needs. This, and his passion for helping companies and people deploy selective technologies and implement best practices to make them more successful in capital project delivery, is what makes Tad a perfect fit for Pathfinder’s totally independent organizational and project improvement services.
Tad is also responsible for running Pathfinder’s Construction Industry Institute’s (CII) Registered Provider (RP) Program. Pathfinder has been an RP for CII for over 10 years (under the REPP structure) and under the new CII organizational structure Pathfinder aims to help companies implement CII Processes and Tools. Tad, with over 10 years of CII involvement, is leading this initiative with the support of Pathfinder’s resource pool and our long-standing relationship with CII.
- Business Process Automation
- Business Process Mapping
- Commissioning and Start-Up Planning and Reviews
- Construction Management
- Contract Document Development and Review
- Contract Strategy Development
- Contracts and Contract Administration
- Engineering Management
- Front End Planning
- Independent Project Reviews/PDRIs
- Industrial Terrestrial Laser Scanning
- Operations Input
- Organizational Reviews
- Portfolio Management
- Primavera Unifier Software Implementation
- Project Controls
- Project Delivery Process
- Project Execution Planning
- Project Management
- Schedule Checks
- Skill Development Analysis
- Value Improving Practices
- University of Missouri
- Six Sigma White Belt certification
- Construction Industry Institute (CII) serving as:
- MLS Sector Group membership ambassador
- Implementation (Deployment) Committee member
- Past Executive Committee member
- Past Board of Advisor member
- Past Research Committee member
- AGC Missouri Design and Construction Technology Conference Advisory Committee - charter member.
- St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers Technology Committee member
- Past Southern Illinois University – Construction Management Program adjunct professor
- Past ASTM International E57 Executive Committee member
- Past Spar Point Research Board of Advisor member
- Anheuser-Busch - Owner Award 2018: for leading the development and implementation of the Global VPO Project Management Handbook. A first in the company's history, created and launched a global, standardized capital projects delivery process with associated metrics and KPIs.
- Anheuser-Busch - Owner Award 2017: for leading, implementing, and facilitating the first Craft Brewery Capex Workshop. Education and training on capital project execution for our Craft partners.
- Construction Industry Institute (CII) - 2014 Distinguished Service Award: recognizes individuals who have generously contributed their time and talents to the advancement of the CII mission.
- Construction Industry Institute (CII) - 2012 Outstanding Implementer: for significant contribution to enhancing the implementation of CII Best Practices and research findings within one or more member organizations.
- SparPoint Research - 2006 Distinguished Achievement Award: for involvement in advancing engineering and construction technologies and work processes.
- DARATECH Plant - 2004 Recognition of Leadership to the business and science of process plant creation, construction, operation, and management.